Canitan is designated Critical Infrastructure – We are open
At Canitan, our priority is to support and serve our customers through times of uncertainty. We understand that the coronavirus (COVID-19) is impacting our daily lives in unprecedented ways. Canitan has comprehensive plans in place to provide our customers with continued access to their systems remotely.
As shelter-in-place orders are enacted in our communities, we will still be here for you, as Canitan is a designated Essential Critical Infrastructure under Communications Sector and under Information Technology Sector as defined by the Department of Homeland Security and as defined in the City of Austin Public Health Order. This means providing Technology, VoIP, and Security Services, including the operations of Technology, Security, and VoIP service providers and their employees, are considered essential services.
As a result, Canitan remains committed to being here to serve you. We take this threat with the upmost seriousness.
- Until the Shelter in Place order is lifted our physical office is closed to non-employees, no one will be allowed to enter the building unless they are an employee. ALL employees have the option of working from home and are encouraged to do so.
- Remote Support is operating at 110% and will continue to do so until this crisis is over.
- Onsite services are still operating as usual with some exceptions. These measures are to protect our employees and you.
- We will ask if anyone has been diagnosed or has had contact with anyone exposed to the virus before any work can be scheduled.
- Social Distancing – ALL Canitan employees are REQUIRED to practice social distancing and stay 6FT from the closest person.
- Masks will be provided and recommended and constant handwashing is REQUIRED when on a client’s site.
- Employees CAN AND WILL leave any site they feel that their health is at risk.